The Smugglers Rest Parking in Mortehoe
We do not have our own private car park, however Mortehoe Village car park is situated just across the road, less than 100 yards away.
The car park is free of charge overnight from 6:00pm until 8:00am the next morning and is classed as a “long stay” car park with a total of 102 spaces and no height restrictions
There is a small fee payable during the day (see below for prices). Various day tickets can be purchased on your arrival at the machine in the car park, multi-day tickets can be purchased in person from Mortehoe Museum (CLICK HERE to view their website for details of opening times) and you can book prior to your stay by contacting North Devon Council (see below for contact details).
Car Parking Charges
(these prices have been obtained from the North Devon Council Car Parks website in spring 2016. Prices may be subject to change.)
- Short Stay (Summer – 15th March to 31st Oct) 2 hours £2.20
- Short Stay (Summer – 15th March to 31st Oct) 3 hours £3.30
- Long Stay (Summer – 15th March to 31st Oct) 1 hour £1.10
- Long Stay (Summer – 15th March to 31st Oct) all day £4.40
- Long Stay (Winter – 1st Nov to 14th March) 1 hour £0.70
- Long Stay (Winter – 1st Nov to 14th March) 2 hours £1.40
- Long Stay (Winter – 1st Nov to 14th March) all day £1.70
Car Park Permit Charges
- Local residents permit Annual £72.50
- Residents evening permit Annual £21.00
- Seasonal 7-day rover permit 7-day rover £42.00
- Seasonal permit 4 days £12.10
- Seasonal permit weekly £20.80
Further Permit Information
To order a Reserved Spaces Permit (if available) for this car park, please call North Devon Council on 01271 388279.